Though most people should consider a foot care therapy, there are those of us who should do it constantly. Our feet are always given the hardest work and they accomplish it admirably most of the times, but they can also fail us if we put too much strain on them. So, how do you help your feet feel better again when they need to perform challenging tasks daily?
- Firstly, always make sure to adapt your shoes to what you might be doing that day. Constantly wearing high-heels or uncomfortable shoes will get your feet in a lot of pain. However, this is not to say that flat shoes are better. On the contrary, shoes that don’t provide proper support for your feet can increase the sensation of fatigue and lead to medical issues. Quality materials are also something you should be concerned with, as they will not only make your shoes comfortable, but will prevent bad smell and sweating.
- Strategically vary the shoe type you are wearing. As mentioned in the previous paragraph, if you constantly wear high-heels you’ll certainly get sore feet. Secondly, all shoes need to breathe, so, even if you have a favorite pair of shoes, you need to put them aside for 2 or 3 days, otherwise they will start smelling bad.
- As for the moments when you get home after a tiring day, there are a couple of things you can do to relax your feet. Firstly, if you’ve been wondering around all day with your shoes on and socks, make sure you take your socks off when you get inside the house to let your feet breathe and refresh.
After taking a shower always keep your feet hydrated by rubbing foot lotion on the harsh spots, to avoid the formation of calluses that tend to look ugly and become painful if you wear high-heels.
- Even if you don’t have the time to do it regularly, now and then, you can try massaging your feet using a rubber ball, by rolling it on the entire surface of your sole to relax the tissues. If you want a better massage, you can use a massager device that you can find in a variety of sizes and shapes on the market. Most of them are able to perform several types of massage that are useful in reducing muscle tension. You can use one that has heating functions and uses air pressure.
- If a massage is not enough, you can combine it with a spa treatment. You can find foot spa machines on the market. Many of these are able to heat water at the wanted temperature and keep the temperature constant. The large majority of these products also include a variety of massage techniques, such as water massage and vibration massage. The products choice is entirely yours. However, if you don’t have one of these, you can just add warm water in a bucket, add essential oils and Epsom salt and you will obtain a treatment for your tired feet in a couple of minutes.